Post your vehicle!

• Thread starter Thread starter Alakaboom
  • Start date Start date
Multiple layer STEEL gaskets....niiiiice! For decades Steel head gaskets were what came from the factory...then as boost increased, brazen pioneers started adding layers and GE Silicone sealant...others went Copper cores with some funky polymer copper spray goop...30 odd years later, the Modern boost industry is like,...."Let's try STEEL!...." LOL. Mews stock 86 head gaskets were multilayered Steel and silver coated cardboard crap. HKS is a reputable company and those ARP's should make it bulletproof! ASK your mechanic if you need to retorque the heads after a few hundred miles or hard runs from heat cycling!!! Your ARP studs application may not be subject to retorquing, but better safe than sorry if you're gonna boost the crap outta it, neh?

Something's wrong, its not idling right or running right up to 2400 rpm. So I didn't pick it up.

Something's wrong, its not idling right or running right up to 2400 rpm. So I didn't pick it up.
Hope its something as simple as a throttle stop screw, TPS Sensor being outta adjustment, or just something physical in the linkage. Then again, someone may just plug in a laptop and say "Whoops!..." and stroke a few keys to settle stuff down =3. *keeps praying for your sanity*

Last edited:
Im thinking of selling my R1 and picking up a Triumph Daytona 675R.

Been wanting a lighter bike to take to the track again. Im tired of fighting at the Homestead track with a heavy bike that was built for fat people and straightaways (The 1 liter R1) . Seems the 675R's weight and great power band would be perfect for Homestead.

Another update on mine: we got it to idle but the issue seems to be somewhere in the supercharger itself, like the veins aren't opening up or the oil in it is too thick.

Another update on mine: we got it to idle but the issue seems to be somewhere in the supercharger itself, like the veins aren't opening up or the oil in it is too thick.
Odd, Roots style blowers tend to be pretty straight forward. Even if the fancy coating on the blades come off or tolerances are out of whack....they're pretty damn stout. If its BRAND NEW...is there some special break in ritual needed for the supercharger gear oil? The wonderful thing about small hiccups like this is.... STUFF GETS TUNED!! =3

Back