Ephinea PSO BB natively on Android via Winlator

Login appears working now. First thought that comes to is the devs did a client update that helped maybe?

I can get into the game and play with dxvk on directx8 mode. Other modes like dx9/vulkan seem to cause wine error on lobby entry.

Login appears working now. First thought that comes to is the devs did a client update that helped maybe?

I can get into the game and play with dxvk on directx8 mode. Other modes like dx9/vulkan seem to cause wine error on lobby entry.
That's good to hear!

I'm still stuck at the 916 error, even with DX8 enabled (on Turnip/DXVK). Launcher and client updated.:(

What were your final settings that got it to work?

winlator 7.1
Wine 9.2 custom (tho i might try 8 again, getting joystick wine issue prevents me from enjoying lol)
0.3.2 86
0.2.8 64
compat,compat

1600x900, turnip 24.1.0, dxvk 2.3.1(rest dxvk default)
ALSA
CSMT Enabled
GTX 970 gpu
Backbuffer render
Strict shader enabled
4096 vid memory

Win components: Standard
ENV Variables standard
Startup Select:Standard
Disable WoW64 mode

I really didn't do much differently this time around. I think the only difference was i tried lowering vram once and then bumping it back it while it was working.

1. run install script
2. install vcredists
3. install mono and gecko.
4. Tried setting to directx9/11/12 mode.
5. run psobb client, get update.
6. Run launcher from shortcut. Accept certiuficate. Cancel the gecko download, don't need. Wait till launcher update completes
7. Switched back to directx8 mode in launcher options.
8. Run password registry script to auto login cuz i got sick of entering it.
9. change resolution and full screen mode
10. Login and play.

Last main update: using winlator frost, i'm able to use wine 8.0.2 with new dxvk. Login, gameplay, controls all work great on dx and vulkan modes.
So i'd recommend people grab that as wine 9.2 doesnt seem the best for this stuff yet.

1600/900p

Attachments

• ephineasnap.jpg
    ephineasnap.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
hey! its been a while.
The fact is, for pocket s or Oden this game runs like a dream. (im purposly listing android handhelds)
You can also run this on retroid pocket 4 pro, but dont expect decent fps on it...like its ok but not great.
greyscale totally willing to help u out if u want to chat.

hey! its been a while.
The fact is, for pocket s or Oden this game runs like a dream. (im purposly listing android handhelds)
You can also run this on retroid pocket 4 pro, but dont expect decent fps on it...like its ok but not great.
greyscale totally willing to help u out if u want to chat.

I've basically given up at this point. I never managed to get through to the character select screen on my Snapdragon 8 Gen2 phone.

I've tried various versions of Winlator without success:
  • Winlator 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1
  • Winlator Frost 7.0, 7.1
  • Winlator glibc 7.1.2, Winlator glibc 7.1.3
I've also tried every available version of Box86/Box64 available to these winlator releases. No success.

With the introduction of Winlator glibc, you can no longer run without the experimental 64 bit mode. For a while, I couldn't get the game to launch without immediately CTDs, but I eventually got it to launch.

However, I'm basically exactly where I was before:
  • When Services are set to "Essential" or "Normal"
    • Game freezes at the connection screen. No amount of waiting will fix this.
  • When services are set to "Aggressive" or if you terminate services.exe
    • Game no longer freezes, but I am met with Error 916
I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
Back