Quick question - Quick answer

When I use my mouse's scroll wheel it zooms the in-game camera in and out depending which way I scroll, is there a way to outright disable this so the mouse wheel does not zoom the camera in any way? I peeked the controls but did not see anything related to it, might have missed it though.

When I use my mouse's scroll wheel it zooms the in-game camera in and out depending which way I scroll, is there a way to outright disable this so the mouse wheel does not zoom the camera in any way? I peeked the controls but did not see anything related to it, might have missed it though.
There is not unfortunately, but to get back to default zoom scroll it all the way in (generally wheel downward unless you have it inverted) and then scroll it out (up) 1 click.

Question for those a little more in the weeds with the stuff going on under the hood in PSO, does anybody know why damage traps instakill slimes? Something I've always wondered about.

Question for those a little more in the weeds with the stuff going on under the hood in PSO, does anybody know why damage traps instakill slimes? Something I've always wondered about.
A single slime spawn is actually five slimes. There are the four clones that you can see and kill. These slimes have stats, move around, etc.

Then there's the 'base slime' which is always at the spawn point, has 0 stats (0 HP, 0 max HP), and doesn't move. Damage traps check for proximity on the XZ plane (Y goes up). The damage trap can hit the base slime. When the game is applying damage to the base slime, the game sees the base slime's HP is 0 after applying damage and kills it.

When the base slime dies (or when all clones die), the game kills the clones and sends a packet telling other clients to kill them too.

A single slime spawn is actually five slimes. There are the four clones that you can see and kill. These slimes have stats, move around, etc.

Then there's the 'base slime' which is always at the spawn point, has 0 stats (0 HP, 0 max HP), and doesn't move. Damage traps check for proximity on the XZ plane (Y goes up). The damage trap can hit the base slime. When the game is applying damage to the base slime, the game sees the base slime's HP is 0 after applying damage and kills it.

When the base slime dies (or when all clones die), the game kills the clones and sends a packet telling other clients to kill them too.
Only Sega could find such an incredibly janky way to program a basic enemy

I apologize if this is a silly/bit of an overly anxious question. For weapons hearts, when a weapon is skinned and if I were to sphere/add to an attribute, is the skinned appearance retained?

Thank You!

anybody have some insight on how to know when to use certain spells? I haven't played in a year or more and I was never that savvy with Forces. With damage cancel I rarely casted, but now I feel like I can contribute more. I just don't know when to use fire, ice, lightning spells with resistances. Is this just something you learn over time? What every enemy is weak to. Or is there a pattern I'm not aware of depending on zone/episode, etc.? It's also more confusing because sometimes I notice there is a mix of enemies with different resistances. Thanks

anybody have some insight on how to know when to use certain spells? I haven't played in a year or more and I was never that savvy with Forces. With damage cancel I rarely casted, but now I feel like I can contribute more. I just don't know when to use fire, ice, lightning spells with resistances. Is this just something you learn over time? What every enemy is weak to. Or is there a pattern I'm not aware of depending on zone/episode, etc.? It's also more confusing because sometimes I notice there is a mix of enemies with different resistances. Thanks
In Episode 1 at least, the enemies are kinda color coded into what they're weak to. Tier one guys (Boomas, Evil Sharks, ect) are weak to fire, purple guys are weak to ice, yellow guys are weak to lightning. Beyond that, it's just kind of learning what's weak to what.

In Episode 1 at least, the enemies are kinda color coded into what they're weak to. Tier one guys (Boomas, Evil Sharks, ect) are weak to fire, purple guys are weak to ice, yellow guys are weak to lightning. Beyond that, it's just kind of learning what's weak to what.
great, thank you!

one other question that's been bothering me for a while...somebody once asked me not to use Zalure during a run, and to this day I am hesitant about using the spell and I don't even know why. All I can think is to build up for PB? whatever the reason is, should I be hesitant about using this spell? TY

one other question that's been bothering me for a while...somebody once asked me not to use Zalure during a run, and to this day I am hesitant about using the spell and I don't even know why. All I can think is to build up for PB? whatever the reason is, should I be hesitant about using this spell? TY
zalure is good to use. in the past when damage cancel was a thing, zalure and jellen would cancel other people's damage. that's no longer a thing so you should use it it's really helpful ^_^

zalure is good to use. in the past when damage cancel was a thing, zalure and jellen would cancel other people's damage. that's no longer a thing so you should use it it's really helpful ^_^
ah, I had no idea that caused damage cancel. Good to know it's not longer an issue, thank you

If you use the Monster Reader add on, you can set it up to tell you which spell you should use on the enemy you currently have targeted.

Hello,

Can someone provide me with maybe their top ranked RAmar endgame weapons I should buy or hunt in order or priority? I've got maybe 150 PDs.

This is what is on the Wiki for RAmars, I just don't know what should be prioritized first. Note that I only do group runs (TTF/MAE/whatever), nothing solo.

Ranged
Specials

Special Purpose

Hello,

Can someone provide me with maybe their top ranked RAmar endgame weapons I should buy or hunt in order or priority? I've got maybe 150 PDs.

This is what is on the Wiki for RAmars, I just don't know what should be prioritized first. Note that I only do group runs (TTF/MAE/whatever), nothing solo.

Ranged
Specials

Special Purpose

Firstly you will want a demons laser and frozen shooter (you might already have) you can take on 99.9% of the game with just those 2 (only about 3 PD total for those 2)

Secondly you will want to prioritize getting a hell needle and demons needle. That will use up the 150 PDs unfortunately but with just those 2 weapons you will basically be fully competent! You may want to get a hell laser as well (1 PD)

If you had to pick between Hell and Demons, which would you do first?

Thanks for the tips!
Honestly probably hell first because without it you will feel really useless in episode 2.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that you will need a melee weapon for episode 4 (lizards) on the cheaper scale there’s Galatine/excalibur/charge gungir which will only be a few PDs for one with beginner stats. More expensive would be a S beats arm weapon or a hell scythe. Both 50+ PDs. You can also just run behind them and shoot them too so it’s not 100% necessary to have a melee weapon at all.

Basically some of the best most important gear is all going to be really cheap and common weapons that are abundantly available. But forsure for RAngers (and all classes basically) S ranks are going to be imperative for certain areas and gameplay. So to surmise I would definitely get a hell needle first and it will allow you to enjoy episode 2 content fully geared and endgame. (You can also go for a hell shot but it has less ata and ata helps a lot for the hell special)

Hello everyone, I tried loading up the game, but only half the sound effects seem to play. The attack animations is muted, but the enemies still have their sound. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Hello everyone, I tried loading up the game, but only half the sound effects seem to play. The attack animations is muted, but the enemies still have their sound. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Try any of these:

- Update sound driver.
- Disable sound enhancements
- Set Windows to output in Stereo as opposed to any other config.

Back