Post your vehicle!

• Thread starter Thread starter Alakaboom
  • Start date Start date
Get your hands dirty and build your own shit. The only shop I ever trust to touch my cars is the alignment shop I've been going to for the last 11 years
In most cases mew would type "Amen!"... But, Before being reduced to half her abilities... Removing and replacing/upgrading parts down to the shortblock was commonplace for her. All she needed was a Chiltons/Haynes manual and a Sears Craftsman 200+ piece tool box. (Drop lights came in handy too! =3) Now, mews in the same boat as Boomies. We have to wait our turn for our fave mechanic to finally give us their undivided attention. S'ok though! Alignments...lol! Mew used to do that old school string along the side of the wheels method in her driveway. Now, she has that lifetime alignment warranty from Firestone car care. Mew'll drop off the car, take the battery operated e-zip450 scooter out from the backseat and ride down the street to a steakhouse and wait for the call to pick it up. Pretty sweet set up >=3

OH! Forgot to mention.... Everyone has a Happy place.... Bonsai trees, out on a boat fishing, sitting by a fireplace/campfire, mews' 'happy place' had always been under the hood of her car scraping knuckles and cursing at bolts that required more ft/lbs to remove than what her entire body weighed! XD! (Stoopid Crank pulleys!)

phantasy star AND cars? this place is great!

I've been a decently active member of turbobricks for about 3 years now. I am a euronut, i love everything about old european cars and old cars in general.. the dream is an old vw bus. I've owned/own..

a 91 Volvo 940 Turbo(totaled at 175K by some moron driving in the middle of the road
91 Volvo 240 m47 (factory 5 speed) project car i picked up from VA, but am selling to another member

should be getting another 91 940 turbo but this time its a wagon in black, I've been obsessing over the car a bit because it reminds me so much of my first car..

currently i drive an 88 S10. 4.3 Auto being the first year for the V6 offered, its only temporary transport for work; the household beater. Its really janky and i want it gone as soon as i pick up my next car lol but its pretty dependable (knock on wood) and peppy.

went to tech school for 2 years during highschool (halfway through my school day) but am going for my bachelors in sci/engineering.

pretty big car nut.. hotwheels since i could speak but working on cars is a love hate for me, I'm more of a for the ride person but i love getting my hands dirty at the same time. No way i could do it for a living though sadly.

the infamous "bolt in head" problem has struck me. cause of all problems.

JEEBUS H CHRISTMAS!!! Owies! With lessons learned about how turbo cars LOVE pwning the laws of physics with metals growing and stretching (HEY! STOP that Giggling!) she's learn to STUD everything that was a BOLT's job! Heads were #1 to get ARP goodies! Connecting rods, crank, and even exhaust headers/manifolds. Crap! You just reminded mew....first chance she gets...she needs to re-torque her heads after the miles shes put on them! =3 Right now she's back at the shop waiting on Brake revamp....Note the SHOW Quality Bandit Trans-Am next to her! It sounds AWESOME! X3!!

Attachments

• waiting....jpeg
    waiting....jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 40
Damn, that sucks. You didn't have your cams changed out did you? I can't think of another bolt besides throttle body butterfly bolt being thrown into the head if you didnt have cams changed out.

intake manifold bolt of sorts, fell right into the intake port

JEEBUS H CHRISTMAS!!! Owies! With lessons learned about how turbo cars LOVE pwning the laws of physics with metals growing and stretching (HEY! STOP that Giggling!) she's learn to STUD everything that was a BOLT's job! Heads were #1 to get ARP goodies! Connecting rods, crank, and even exhaust headers/manifolds. Crap! You just reminded mew....first chance she gets...she needs to re-torque her heads after the miles shes put on them! =3 Right now she's back at the shop waiting on Brake revamp....Note the SHOW Quality Bandit Trans-Am next to her! It sounds AWESOME! X3!!

stretching eh

GXP is the supercharged model correct? some used dealership near me was selling an SSEI for 1200$ then $950. Didn't look too bad

GXP is the supercharged model correct? some used dealership near me was selling an SSEI for 1200$ then $950. Didn't look too bad
SSEI as in the FWD 3800 Supercharged sedan? GXP Solstices were 2.0 Turbo ecotecs yes? Think they were Drifting favorites of even RedBull or others. =3

GXP on the Solstice is a 2.0L Turbo Direct Injection- I had one and it was a pile of shit. Would not buy a FWD GM 3800 anything. LNF is like a LSJ, but DI and TC instead of standard fuel injection and SC

Back