Steam Input in Linux

matlok

Trying to get my controller properly configured and running into some issues.

I installed the game through Lutris, everything works. Controller works normally in-game.

Added the game to Steam, and I'm attempting to run the game through Steam with Steam Input enabled so I can bind the action keys to controller actions, but the controller completely stops working in game any time Steam Input is enabled.

Steam overlay is enabled, btw

Has anyone encountered or successfully resolved this before?

thanks

Last edited:
Try pointing steam if possible to online.exe, and not the launcher then only use the launcher to change settings or update the client. That's how it works for me on windows.

I've been having the same issue, but for me it only cropped up recently. When I was playing about two weeks ago, I wasn't having any trouble using Steam input to configure my controller.

It's also not a problem for me on Steam Deck, only desktop (I'm using Fedora Plasma).

Try pointing steam if possible to online.exe, and not the launcher then only use the launcher to change settings or update the client. That's how it works for me on windows.

Thanks, I'll try this and report back when I can.

Well, now the controller works, but the Steam overlay does not. Changing the executable from the launcher (online.exe) to the game (psobb.exe) didn't fix matters. I'll have to mess with this some more the next time I am playing from my PC.

Well, now the controller works, but the Steam overlay does not. Changing the executable from the launcher (online.exe) to the game (psobb.exe) didn't fix matters. I'll have to mess with this some more the next time I am playing from my PC.
The overlay causes issues with pso, or at least it used to. I don't know about now but I just by default disable steam overlay with PSO.

Back