New-ish player! Happy to relive my childhood!

I guess this is where we post to introduce ourselves!

I played on Dreamcast when this game came out! Played mostly offline because dial-up internet. I had a HuCast, got to 80, kept dying to V.Hard Falz because I would run out of Trimates.
I vaguely remember playing as a FoMar on the Xbox, but I think I only hit 20 something before shipping to boot camp. I remember being power leveled and being given the throwing cards, but it kind of killed the fun for me.

Anyway! I've had an itch to replay this game for over 15 years. I was always dissuaded with private servers, the boosts people paid for, Min-Max players, or the hacked weapons. I just wanted a close to vanilla experience and just chill out.
I'm still undecided between FoMar, FoMarl, and HuMarl though. I'm just jumping between characters and clearing forest and caves until I figure it out.

I'm hoping I can find similar "old-heads", group up and clear some simple content. Maybe finally beat V.Hard Falz after 20+ years.

I guess this is where we post to introduce ourselves!

I played on Dreamcast when this game came out! Played mostly offline because dial-up internet. I had a HuCast, got to 80, kept dying to V.Hard Falz because I would run out of Trimates.
I vaguely remember playing as a FoMar on the Xbox, but I think I only hit 20 something before shipping to boot camp. I remember being power leveled and being given the throwing cards, but it kind of killed the fun for me.

Anyway! I've had an itch to replay this game for over 15 years. I was always dissuaded with private servers, the boosts people paid for, Min-Max players, or the hacked weapons. I just wanted a close to vanilla experience and just chill out.
I'm still undecided between FoMar, FoMarl, and HuMarl though. I'm just jumping between characters and clearing forest and caves until I figure it out.

I'm hoping I can find similar "old-heads", group up and clear some simple content. Maybe finally beat V.Hard Falz after 20+ years.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!! *POUNCES and examines Get-san with a Disciplined fervor~!* Aaaaand yet Another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! Hmmmm...even at lvl 80 can see how you would get stressed at Falz final battle without Resta...Offline you'd need a minimal of 390hp to Survive its worst attacks....Online however, you'd need at least 450HP! Sadly, the original PSO experience has no sexy HUmarls =P. You'll also find quite a lot of us scarred and warpainted "Old Guards/Heads" here, too! We'll be Moar than happy to help you get your paws wet with native blood, again! V-Hard will not be as traumatizing as you remember! It won't be a cakewalk either dammit~! <3! Looking forward to pouncing and playing with you, too! Welcome HOME~!
OH! W....what was your MOS? Mew was a 45254B in the Air Force, then later a 16 Tango in the Army! (Long Painful story!) XD!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!! *POUNCES and examines Get-san with a Disciplined fervor~!* Aaaaand yet Another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! Hmmmm...even at lvl 80 can see how you would get stressed at Falz final battle without Resta...Offline you'd need a minimal of 390hp to Survive its worst attacks....Online however, you'd need at least 450HP! Sadly, the original PSO experience has no sexy HUmarls =P. You'll also find quite a lot of us scarred and warpainted "Old Guards/Heads" here, too! We'll be Moar than happy to help you get your paws wet with native blood, again! V-Hard will not be as traumatizing as you remember! It won't be a cakewalk either dammit~! <3! Looking forward to pouncing and playing with you, too! Welcome HOME~!
OH! W....what was your MOS? Mew was a 45254B in the Air Force, then later a 16 Tango in the Army! (Long Painful story!) XD!
In the Navy, we use Rates and NECs within that rate. I was a Sonar Tech. If I stayed in for 20 I would've tried for acoustic analysis and be on that "Hunt for Red October" level of intel. It's a long story as well, but after 8, decided it wasn't for me

I'm probably going to stick with HuMarl for my funsies because I forgot how painful leveling a force is. It's pretty much the same strategy of peeking your head out, taking pot shots, and running back. The difference is Force is constantly bankrupt. I'm just trying to find guides and videos on Mag stuff since when I was younger, I just gave them whatever to prevent capping my inventory.

And yeah: I do want to play a FoMarl eventually and know it's more support class. I wouldn't mind jumping on to power level through that and Shifta-Deband bot. I don't know what everyone's schedule is, but I'm usually free on Mondays and Tuesdays.

In the Navy, we use Rates and NECs within that rate. I was a Sonar Tech. If I stayed in for 20 I would've tried for acoustic analysis and be on that "Hunt for Red October" level of intel. It's a long story as well, but after 8, decided it wasn't for me

I'm probably going to stick with HuMarl for my funsies because I forgot how painful leveling a force is. It's pretty much the same strategy of peeking your head out, taking pot shots, and running back. The difference is Force is constantly bankrupt. I'm just trying to find guides and videos on Mag stuff since when I was younger, I just gave them whatever to prevent capping my inventory.

And yeah: I do want to play a FoMarl eventually and know it's more support class. I wouldn't mind jumping on to power level through that and Shifta-Deband bot. I don't know what everyone's schedule is, but I'm usually free on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Navy eh? Mew's always gotten along wiff Navy ppl~! The moment you mentioned your job description, Jonesy from "Hunt for Red October" was the FIRST thing that popped to mind! Was actually managing at a movie theater when that movie came out! To this day, STILL kicking mewself for not trying to keep the promotional movie poster! 8 Years...owies! Yeeeeah, as the old saying goes..."Find something you Enjoy doing as a job, and you'll never 'WORK' a day in your life!". Mew has stories of when even on her days off, she was often caught out on the flightline in civilian clothes recovering returning fighter planes that their crews were too slow to respond! Supervisors would elbow HER supervisor in the van like..."Hey! Is She one of Yours!?". They would then pull up smiling and shouting "DON'T YOU HAVE A HOME?!!!" And chase her off! Could've easily done 30+ years and prolly would STILL be out there, Today (Had mew not fallen in love with an idiot)!

Yeah, FO's not only start off EXTRA SQUISHY....but DIRT POOR, Too? Srsly????? MIND MAGS cost us More than monies, they cost us our SANITY, too! A decent strategy is to has one other class of yours help raise the FO with the use of the SHARED BANK! Tankier classes can halp farm for not only money, but FO Mission Critical items as well!
Mew would be Moar than happy to halp sponsor your sanity with leveling up and regaining your 'mojo'! What is your in game character name so she knows Who to POUNCE? She's usually online Everyday at Midnight EST. So Monday's and Tuesdays are not a problem~!

OH! Just so you know...FO's can Lead from the FRONT as well! We're not that stereotypical pop shots from the rear kinda deal! Yes, we 'Support'...And you will often see room names BEGGING for an FO~! You're gonna LOVE IT here! Mew PROMISES~! =3!

Back