Xbox 1 bluetooth or usb?

Hello all. I read a few post about being the first to connect, which i followed. I am able to click on the 'Registered ID' and can toggle between ID and password. Once I press A to enter information into either field, i can use my keyboard to type. I can type in my UserID, but i cannot get out of that field to type in my password or vice versa. the only button on my controller that responds is the X button, which exits out of the registered ID section. I went thru using my control panel, and all buttons are responding. However, on the game menu, the D pad can toggle up and down, A button can enter into something, and X button can back out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem. I used the keyboard for that step. Register the ID then hit enter on the keyboard, then you can go down to password, then hit enter again.

I've had nothing but trouble with my One S controller when connecting through Bluetooth, so I go wired. You also may need to re-map the controller in-game through the options menu.

Thanks for the response. Enter doesn't even work on the keyboard. i can only put characters in the field. i can exit out of it by hitting x on the controller. That is it. i pressed every button...only characters keys working. mouse doesn't do anything, despite seeing a cursor. Even when i am wired in, same response. Not sure what's next. I saw something about booting via steam. Was trying to avoid that, or i need another controller...

Back