PSO Remake 2024 Trailer (by Glader)

SirLagsAlot

Reformed HC User
Guildcard
I figured you guys would enjoy watching this new(ish) vid he released of the remake of PSO he is working on. A lot of interesting info of him talking about it in the comments too!

Would you guys play a PSO fan game seriously?

I’m surprised there is no Chinese clone after all these years too lol

Hey, thanks for sharing the video! It’s always interesting to see fan projects like this. I’ll check out the comments for more details.

As for the lack of a Chinese clone, it's pretty ignorant to single out China like that. Game development is a complex process that involves much more than just copying ideas. Making such a post shows a lack of understanding and respect for the efforts of game developers everywhere. Let’s appreciate fan-made games for their creativity and dedication, regardless of their origin.

It's not about acknowledging or denying the fact that clones exist, but rather the generalization and singling out of a specific country that is problematic. Game development is a global effort, and while it's true that China has a significant gaming industry, it's unfair to attribute the majority of clones to one nation.

The complexities of game development and market strategies are well-understood, including the role of MTX and regional preferences. However, using such generalizations can come across as dismissive and biased.

Let's appreciate fan-made projects and the efforts of developers worldwide without resorting to oversimplifications or unfair stereotypes.

I see your point. I didn't mean to offend or start a debate. Let's just appreciate the creativity and effort that go into all these projects, no matter where they come from. Thanks for sharing the video, it's always exciting to see what fans are working on.
Haha yeah I have no idea what region Glader is from but my comment about Chinese clones was unrelated to the clone in the video.

That being said he has worked on this for many years and I believe he even posted about it here many many years ago. Unfortunately with these 1 man band type of fan games they often don’t see the light of day. I know personally because I had an MMO project I did on my own about 10+ years ago too. (An earthbound fan MMO LOL).

Hopefully it DOES get some kind of release.

As far as possible re-releases there WAS a “leak” recently saying SEGA was considering making a remake. I however think this is unlikely… HOWEVER…

Mobile gaming on platforms like iOS is taking off with TRIPLE A games being released on the platform such as assassins creed etc with such powerful chips in these phones…

PSOBB would be an AMAZING mobile game in 2024+ let’s see if SEGA realizes this too… lol

Haha yeah I have no idea what region Glader is from but my comment about Chinese clones was unrelated to the clone in the video.

That being said he has worked on this for many years and I believe he even posted about it here many many years ago. Unfortunately with these 1 man band type of fan games they often don’t see the light of day. I know personally because I had an MMO project I did on my own about 10+ years ago too. (An earthbound fan MMO LOL).

Hopefully it DOES get some kind of release.

As far as possible re-releases there WAS a “leak” recently saying SEGA was considering making a remake. I however think this is unlikely… HOWEVER…

Mobile gaming on platforms like iOS is taking off with TRIPLE A games being released on the platform such as assassins creed etc with such powerful chips in these phones…

PSOBB would be an AMAZING mobile game in 2024+ let’s see if SEGA realizes this too… lol
I see your point, and no worries. It's amazing to see the dedication people put into fan projects, even if they don't always reach completion. Your MMO project sounds like it was a great experience, and it’s always fascinating to see such passion.

Let's hope this project eventually gets released. The idea of PSOBB as a mobile game is indeed exciting! With the advancement of mobile technology, it could definitely find a new audience. Fingers crossed SEGA sees the potential too! lol

Dude, seriously? Someone says "hey, don't say all game clones come out of China, it's kind of cringe" and you respond by calling them triggered and a "social justice warrior"? You said something dumb, just apologize and move on instead of tripling down on it. Jesus Christ, man.

I figured you guys would enjoy watching this new(ish) vid he released of the remake of PSO he is working on. A lot of interesting info of him talking about it in the comments too!

Would you guys play a PSO fan game seriously?

I’m surprised there is no Chinese clone after all these years too lol

OK....THAT'S Pretty COOL~! Imagine what original PSO would look like if it got a revamp! M....Maybe we'll finally get Bouncing Boobies??? X3!

Back