Please help! New player with menu scrolling issue

fletchcg

Guildcard
Hi All,

I really want to play PSOBB but I cannot with this crippling technical issue.

Every time I play, my menu constantly scrolls upwards on the main menu, character selection and the menu in game, ship selection etc.
https://gyazo.com/67762139019f44afa7319b36f7c556ec (edited)

I have tried one by one unplugging my controller, keyboard and mouse (Re-opening the game each time) and it does not work. Running as admin does not work.

I do not think this is hardware, I do not have an software that I believe would be causing this either. I have done a fresh install and retested my options in the launcher and same issue occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have searched google, the sever discord and this forum for any similar issue and I cannot find anyone with the same thing as me.

Thanks so much in advance!

Fletch

Hi All,

Every time I play, my menu constantly scrolls upwards on the main menu, character selection and the menu in game, ship selection etc.

I have tried one by one unplugging my controller, keyboard and mouse (Re-opening the game each time) and it does not work. Running as admin does not work.

I do not think this is hardware, I do not have an software that I believe would be causing this either. I have done a fresh install and retested my options in the launcher and same issue occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have searched google, the sever discord and this forum for any similar issue and I cannot find anyone with the same thing as me.

Fletch
Dayum...unplugging everything and restarting would've been mew's extent of her IT prowess...Stay SANE~! <3!

Hi All,

Fletch
Could you share what controller / programs are being used as an adapter to help others troubleshoot the issue? Also for clarity: is this menu scrolling happening with nothing plugged in?

I have had previous issues with PSO using things like Switch Controllers / PS2 controllers where it seemed to be pressing buttons randomly / scrolling randomly. Usually restarting the PC and doing the controller set-up prior to opening PSO resolved the issue for me. But I ended up switching to a XBox One controller after a couple of years since I got tired of dealing with that sporadic issue.

Could you share what controller / programs are being used as an adapter to help others troubleshoot the issue? Also for clarity: is this menu scrolling happening with nothing plugged in?

I have had previous issues with PSO using things like Switch Controllers / PS2 controllers where it seemed to be pressing buttons randomly / scrolling randomly. Usually restarting the PC and doing the controller set-up prior to opening PSO resolved the issue for me. But I ended up switching to a XBox One controller after a couple of years since I got tired of dealing with that sporadic issue.
Yep, with everything unplugged it still occurs (mouse, keyboard, controller).

I have tried using DS4 windows with a plugged in PS4 controller. Have closed mouse/keyboard software.

Closing thread, found help on Discord, turns out I had a software called 'Vjoy' that useful for making gamecube controllers USB adapters work. So uninstall that for anyone who comes across this same niche issue.

Thanks!

Back