Only my HUmar crashes when entering game.

Galsia

First off, hello and thank you for checking in here to see if you could be of help!

I'm having kind of an odd issue. My HUmar can enter ship lobbies without issue, though whenever I attempt to create/join a game, the game loads Pioneer 2, freezes, and subsequently crashes. My other characters can create/join games with no problem at all.

It has been... quite some time since I last played. I'm not entirely sure what I was doing with it, but I see I was messing around with AFS manager. Could a botched model swap of some kind be causing the issue? I feel like that couldn't be the issue though given I can load the lobby just fine.

This is what I get in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: psobb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: psobb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00388233
Faulting process id: 0x1f80
Faulting application start time: 0x01daf6a0ceaea380
Faulting application path: E:\PSOBB Ephinea\EphineaPSO\psobb.exe
Faulting module path: E:\PSOBB Ephinea\EphineaPSO\psobb.exe
Report Id: ec560593-ac65-4518-b8c0-88b2d93c90de
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Appreciate any insight!

That looks like a crash from decompressing files. This is almost always when decompressing improperly compressed textures, but if you messed with models that can be the cause too. In lobby no weapon models would be loaded, but I can purposefully crash myself with a bad one when loading into Pioneer 2. You probably have the weapon on you.

Please do a fresh install and that should fix this particular crash.

That looks like a crash from decompressing files. This is almost always when decompressing improperly compressed textures, but if you messed with models that can be the cause too. In lobby no weapon models would be loaded, but I can purposefully crash myself with a bad one when loading into Pioneer 2. You probably have the weapon on you.

Please do a fresh install and that should fix this particular crash.
That sorted it! I had all my mags on this character so I was sweatin'!

Really appreciate the help!

Back