Lvl 94 RaMarl, Now what?

GetEquipped

Hi all!

I started playing a couple months back, mainly for the Nostalgia kick. I'm mainly a Solo Player since my schedule is erratic and my internet can be inconsistent some days.

Anyway; I made it to Ultimate. 2 out of 4 Bosses down, Vol Opt 2.0 Phase 2 has fixed damage and just need the HP. But I'm wondering, how do I get better gear at this point. I'm reading guides and looking at tables. Most that are mentioned aren't my class ID, require an insane amount of gambling that I don't have meseta for, or farming in areas too strong for me (Ep 2 and Ep 4)

Which is what I'm wondering now. Do I:

A) Sink time to farm the meseta and PDs to gamble and upgrade?
B) Start a new character with a different Section ID (I have gear and Mags in the bank as I wanted to do a FoMar/FoMarl originally)
C) Join the discord and start looking for groups near my level, understand I'm new, coin flip on DCing at 2 AM, or are willing to trade for the 16 PDs I managed to get so far?

I'm open to all three, I just don't know what's the norm.

The only thing I'm against is being "Powerleveled" or "Carried" where I'm just in the back casting a level 16 Shifta for the group very 3 minutes. I do like actually pressing buttons and thinking of solutions to tackle a problem even if it's brute forcing it. (Hildetorr at level 82 involved Justy, Scape Dolls, and a level 7 frame with 4 slots.)
-----------------------------------------

Edit:

I guess there is a 4th option as I think some of the Ep 4 quests give rewards.

Also, I was a FFXI player and played this game on Dreamcast: I fully understand the time sink of just plowing through the same area 200 times for a single drop. However, I am not powerful enough yet to do it efficiently. I still can't beat Tyrell's Ego under 90 minute, and I think I still lose to Dark Falz on V Hard because of Soul Rip.

So if it's Option A, that's fine as well. I'll just grind out levels and run scenarios. Just want to see if there is a better way

Last edited:
If you are fine with trading, 16pds will go a long way.
Heavenly/battle for 1
Spread needle for 1
Heaven striker for 2-3
Excalibur for 10

Gives you attack speed, aoe ranged, single target ranged, and melee aoe. You could also pick up a vivienne for 1pd probably, and some of these people might just give you. Also look at picking up a cure/shock for vol opt, a cure freeze for fals, and some good hp unit or 2 for fixed damage.

Also don’t be afraid to try the other episodes. The xp is good and the learning experience is better.

Last, do try to get in some multi lobbies, though it will be up to you if you feel like you’re being carried too hard or not. I’ve never felt like any player contributed nothing though, so don’t worry about it and just have fun!

I started playing a couple months back, mainly for the Nostalgia kick. I'm mainly a Solo Player since my schedule is erratic and my internet can be inconsistent some days.
Don’t feel bad, there’s tons of good solo resets or you can just basically join whatever game is up and play with whoever is on, no stress.
Anyway; I made it to Ultimate. 2 out of 4 Bosses down, Vol Opt 2.0 Phase 2 has fixed damage and just need the HP.
It’s a fun challenge to solo the bosses at low level but it’s just a challenge you don’t have to play that way.
But I'm wondering, how do I get better gear at this point.
Easiest way is to trade for it.
I'm reading guides and looking at tables. Most that are mentioned aren't my class ID, require an insane amount of gambling that I don't have meseta for, or farming in areas too strong for me (Ep 2 and Ep 4)
It’s not that it’s too strong areas; it’s just that you are missing some gear you need. Once you have some basic gear you can take on any enemy and be extremely overpowered.
Which is what I'm wondering now. Do I:

A) Sink time to farm the meseta and PDs to gamble and upgrade?
You’ll only need about 0-2 PDs to be essentially endgame
B) Start a new character with a different Section ID (I have gear and Mags in the bank as I wanted to do a FoMar/FoMarl originally)
You should do this anyway, you’ll eventually want access to all 10 IDs, also you’ll want atleast a few of those to be FO
C) Join the discord and start looking for groups near my level, understand I'm new, coin flip on DCing at 2 AM, or are willing to trade for the 16 PDs I managed to get so far?
Up to you. Personally I’m not a fan of discord and just play with whoever is online at the time or trade on here when I need things. Discord can quickly become a popularity contest (circlejerk) and the impermanence of the messages there lead to a lot of trolling and disrespectful behavior.
I'm open to all three, I just don't know what's the norm.
The only thing I'm against is being "Powerleveled" or "Carried" where I'm just in the back casting a level 16 Shifta for the group very 3 minutes. I do like actually pressing buttons and thinking of solutions to tackle a problem even if it's brute forcing it. (Hildetorr at level 82 involved Justy, Scape Dolls, and a level 7 frame with 4 slots.)
Powerleveling is something that happens sub-80 normally. You can just play now.
-------------------------------. However, I am not powerful enough yet to do it efficiently.
You are, in this game you just need ATA and a RA to cheese basically anything. You are just missing basic gear. Some of the most efficient hunts in this game are literally 30 second solo resets. What’s your ID btw?

Since you are a RA all you really need are a RAnger wall (free), Frozen Shooter and Demons laser, (as well as an h/battle). You can basically kill anything in the game with just those 2 weapons (all three of those will set you back 0-3 PDs). After that I suggest getting a HS and HSC so you can spam divine punishment and join in ep 4 FONLY runs. (Like 10 PD total for HS+HSC)

Last edited:
The one where 4 pillars lock you inside. I got him down to about half health with a Shot. I may have been too slow to dodge it though.
Where he shoots a green orb at you? You should be able to outrun that orb. As soon as he spins that side to face you and he starts making funky sounds, just start running.

Since you are a RA all you really need are a RAnger wall (free), Frozen Shooter and Demons laser, (as well as an h/battle). You can basically kill anything in the game with just those 2 weapons (all three of those will set you back 0-3 PDs). After that I suggest getting a HS and HSC so you can spam divine punishment and join in ep 4 FONLY runs. (Like 10 PD total for HS+HSC)

My Ranger is a Greenil. I have a Ranger's Wall from Galen's Shop and Frozen Shooter for the HildeTorr. I also found a Guilty Light and so many other 9 star weapons. I've been lucky with that. it's the units that I'm unsure about as a lot of the powerful ones like HB and V101. The Latter I could farm, but again, not efficiently (yet)

I've been cheesing a lot of Ruins with just poking my head out, taking a few shots, and running back to the door. I've been farming for a Spread Needle it's just slow and wondering if I need more stats

------

Which are the solo resets?

My Ranger is a Greenil. I have a Ranger's Wall from Galen's Shop and Frozen Shooter for the HildeTorr. I also found a Guilty Light and so many other 9 star weapons. I've been lucky with that. it's the units that I'm unsure about as a lot of the powerful ones like HB and V101. The Latter I could farm, but again, not efficiently (yet)

I've been cheesing a lot of Ruins with just poking my head out, taking a few shots, and running back to the door. I've been farming for a Spread Needle it's just slow and wondering if I need more stats

------

Which are the solo resets?
You can also buy a basic Spread Needle for 1pd.

V101's nice, but you can do without it if you have Heavenly/Battle (1-2pd).

A solo reset just means you do the beginning of a quest to farm a specific monster and then reset. These are often listed in the suggested hunts for a monster. Eg. I've been hunting Heart of Lollipop from Pinkal Del Lily, so I just start Penumbral Surge #6, clear the first three floors (which house 8 lilies) and type /lobby to get out of the quest. Rinse and repeat. Each run takes me under 2 minutes.

1721546493497.png

Hi,

I also recently rolled RAmarl and a Greenill and ive been really enjoying it as someone who pretty much only played HUcast when I was a kid (a Pinkal one as well... ).

You'll want to spend a few PDs as others have mentioned, Heavenly/Battle specifically. If your MAG isn't complete yet, you'll want to prioritise that.

I did Gallons Plan for Photon Tickets and exchanged those for the Stealth Suit, and then mainly at the lower levels the Ragol Boost Road influenced which quests I tried for the extra EXP and drop rates. I couldn't find a Spread Needle for the longest time, and when I did eventually get one it isn't as good as the Baranz Launcher I have.

If you do join the discord I would be more than happy to spare a few lesser units I have.

Back