Is PSO Dreamcast Weapons Reduced?

Guildcard
I've been playing PSO DC ver.2 for a little bit and was using a 'shadow repeater' because why not. Well, it's special is proc'ing a little too much. same thing with the 'Dim' special and other lousy specials on multi-hit weapons that would otherwise make the weapon terrible. So does the Dreamcast version have weapon special reduction like PSOBB? My character just got to hard mode btw

Yep it’s reduced and 13 of the raerz are as well. This list tells you which.

That's nice and all, but i don't see how that has anything to do with the Dreamcast version. This is the game that had Hunters cast "Grants" & "Reverser". This is the game that also had Hunters be able to use 'Spread Needle' and could potentially do 2k damage with. Also created 'Yas9k' with +500 ATP & + 150 ATA stats, even though they're just mechguns. The game is very janky, so i have reason to believe something like weapon specials working differently than compared to BB.

• Haha
Reactions: CTB
IIRC specials are still reduced but some weapons have different specials (ie Spread Needle actually has Arrest + Shot range.)
But the game isn't really that janky as Ultimate enemies are designed around V2 weapons (to the point that you can't really play in Ult with V1 items...)

Instant kill is pretty strong prior to Ult regardless of version.

Okay then. I did test the 'Shadow Repeaters' by comparing it with a 'Shadow Sniper'. Thing i don't get is despite the sniper having +50 ATA base, the mechguns were keeping up with the rifle. Even made sure no ATA boosts from my mag would get in the way. Character had about 100 ATA at base, which should be okay for the rifle, but terrible for the mechguns, but managed to take out enemies from forest all the way to caves 2 somewhat fast with them. Tried that on BB, and the 'Shadow Repeaters' rarely proc'd, The Rifle carried instead.

Ultimate enemies are designed around V2 weapons (to the point that you can't really play in Ult with V1 items...)
I'm not even sure about that tbh.
Unless you're talking about just the basic weapons.

With my first Character (The HUnewearl), i got a lucky drop from a sinow blue.
It was the S-Beat Blades, and it for some reason had given me like +150 ATA and 400 ATP.
It also had berserk special because why not i guess.
Once i got to equip this thing (since it had like a 662 ATP requirement), i was able to do average 500 damage (1100 crit)
Due to how sacrificial weapons worked then, these things were basically "Daylight Scars" on steroids.
And that was just VH mode.

Its until i updated my Char to V2, the game nerfed the S-blades,
pretty much removing all that ATA and swapping the special with 'Hell' instead.

I can't really imagine how difficult Ult is in that game (Especially since unlocking the other difficulties is tiring me out),
but would that seriously not be enough, at least for Forest Ult low level?

Probably not, the 'standard' starter weapons on V2 are Red Handgun (~660 ATP with grind) and Imperial Pick (~610 ATP with grind) that have percents. These percents are much more important because with shit percents, you probably aren't doing much damage either.

@Matt says his HUcast with ES Needle (904 ATP!) can't do damage without SDJZ in Ruins.

That's nice and all, but i don't see how that has anything to do with the Dreamcast version. This is the game that had Hunters cast "Grants" & "Reverser". This is the game that also had Hunters be able to use 'Spread Needle' and could potentially do 2k damage with. Also created 'Yas9k' with +500 ATP & + 150 ATA stats, even though they're just mechguns. The game is very janky, so i have reason to believe something like weapon specials working differently than compared to BB.
Oh yeah my bad I just assumed they were still reduced because they were all basically ported from v2 and kept their reductions due to the HEX id thing in them being reduced in both games…. Ok…!!! I hope you figure it out

Okay, just made it to Ult on Dreamcast and... yeah i'm barely doing anything.

Despite maxing my base ATA, i can barely hit the Bartles with normals,
and specials are pretty much useless because of it.

Seems like a Red Handgun is the way to go.

And this whole time i thought everyone who played during the Dreamcast Era just suffered from Skill Issue.
All those complaints I've heard that was like "My char is lvl XXX & i can't kill in Ult", and my brain was like
"Just use Demons lol",
when i tried, it never proc'd.

Guess i learned something today.

Okay, just made it to Ult on Dreamcast and... yeah i'm barely doing anything.

Despite maxing my base ATA, i can barely hit the Bartles with normals,
and specials are pretty much useless because of it.

Seems like a Red Handgun is the way to go.

And this whole time i thought everyone who played during the Dreamcast Era just suffered from Skill Issue.
All those complaints I've heard that was like "My char is lvl XXX & i can't kill in Ult", and my brain was like
"Just use Demons lol",
when i tried, it never proc'd.

Guess i learned something today.
TIL

v2 sucks

Back