I was tired of the drop charts not being complete

*Me in panic mode cause I have no idea what css and dar/rdr mean.

Yeah... YEAH sure! *sweating
dar = drop anything rate
rdr = rare drop rate

The other cells (and the one on the main page) give you the percentages for dar/rdr separately when you hover over the calculated total:

1722535012967.png

css is the language for coding website appearances and has :hover options for stuff like this.

...though it looks like the editor doesn't let you use css directly though. There's a shorthand for it that you can see if you look at the other cells in edit mode:

1722535334744.png

so you want the {{Note|Drop Rate: syntax.

Oh it was you who edited the dropcharts? I wanted to reach out to you. Yeah the coding of the wiki dropcharts is a mess.

You forgot to add the info on DAR and RDR breakdown. The way you implemented the drops is fine, but in the future you'd have to rework everything.

I started editing the Ultimate dropcharts but I only got to ep2 I think. It's very tedious. At the moment I'm pausing this project, as we've had discussions with mods recently to extend template limits. We actually have all the drop data available, it's just sorted per Area. We tried to just pull the data from all these templates, but Mediawiki can't handle that much data. There might be a way to extend template usage though, so I'm waiting for that.

If we can extend template usage, the manual data that is on the dropcharts right now will be removed. Feel free to edit more info in anyways, but just a heads up that it might not be worth your time.

We discuss wiki related topics in the wiki-general chat on the Ephinea Discord. Feel free to stop by and talk to us if you need help with the wiki.

Oh and if you need the complete dropcharts, just use the one on the Ephinea homepage. The only advantage of the wiki dropcharts will be the links to individual items.

Last edited:
Oh it was you who edited the dropcharts? I wanted to reach out to you. Yeah the coding of the wiki dropcharts is a mess.

You forgot to add the info on DAR and RDR breakdown. The way you implemented the drops is fine, but in the future you'd have to rework everything.

I started editing the Ultimate dropcharts but I only got to ep2 I think. It's very tedious. At the moment I'm pausing this project, as we've had discussions with mods recently to extend template limits. We actually have all the drop data available, it's just sorted per Area. We tried to just pull the data from all these templates, but Mediawiki can't handle that much data. There might be a way to extend template usage though, so I'm waiting for that.

If we can extend template usage, the manual data that is on the dropcharts right now will be removed. Feel free to edit more info in anyways, but just a heads up that it might not be worth your time.

We discuss wiki related topics in the wiki-general chat on the Ephinea Discord. Feel free to stop by and talk to us if you need help with the wiki.

Oh and if you need the complete dropcharts, just use the one on the Ephinea homepage. The only advantage of the wiki dropcharts will be the links to individual items.
Thanks for the heads up and also yes it was a mess hahaha

Back