GC Vet loving the nostalgia! Howdy!

AntagKelsey

Good Afternoon all!

I'm AntagKelsey, I joined Ephinea, and the Discord yesterday and I have been loving revisiting a game from my younger years.
I didn't realize how much i had missed it until I had dropped roughly 8 hours on it yesterday! Time flies when you're having a great time!

I look forward to finally learning all the jargon, investing time in the new experiences, and hopefully making it farther than the end of Episode one!
Hope to see you all out there!

-AK

Good Afternoon all!

I'm AntagKelsey, I joined Ephinea, and the Discord yesterday and I have been loving revisiting a game from my younger years.
I didn't realize how much i had missed it until I had dropped roughly 8 hours on it yesterday! Time flies when you're having a great time!

I look forward to finally learning all the jargon, investing time in the new experiences, and hopefully making it farther than the end of Episode one!
Hope to see you all out there!

-AK
EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!! *POUNCES and examines the AK-san wiff a warm giggle~!* AAAaaaand yet another Old Guard Console player has fallen prey to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! Wow, nearly 8 hours in ONE visit? That's definitely a sign you're gonna find yourself sticking around moar often~! PSO 'jargon' tends to evolve as time goes on...Armors...weapons....quests...Since its mostly keyboard typing play based. For example if you're whiskers deep in native blood fighting for your life....you'll be Damned if you're gonna take the time to type out something like....Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou armor when u can say "BOVN"! Right? lol. Can already tell you're a KEEPER, luv!Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! Welcome HOME~! =3

There’s a “jargon” page on the wiki, if that helps.

Welcome to the best game you’ll ever play and I hope you will enjoy your stay. If you see me or my many chars around feel free to say hello and also I am always down to help powerlevel you to Ultimate levels if that’s something that interests you…

Cya around!

There’s a “jargon” page on the wiki, if that helps.

Welcome to the best game you’ll ever play and I hope you will enjoy your stay. If you see me or my many chars around feel free to say hello and also I am always down to help powerlevel you to Ultimate levels if that’s something that interests you…

Cya around!
Half of that jargon page seems fictitious. I've never seen anyone abbreviate v101 to just 101.

Half of that jargon page seems fictitious. I've never seen anyone abbreviate v101 to just 101.
Yep, the article is kinda outdated and inaccurate lol. Luckily we can edit it, perhaps I’ll do it later tonight. I noticed a few whacky things such as:

Frozen shooter - usually called Froozer… never really heard it as FS

Ignition Cloak - never heard as “IC” always “iggy cloak”

Probably some others… few free to add to the list and I’ll update the wiki later lol

Yep, the article is kinda outdated and inaccurate lol. Luckily we can edit it, perhaps I’ll do it later tonight. I noticed a few whacky things such as:

Frozen shooter - usually called Froozer… never really heard it as FS

Ignition Cloak - never heard as “IC” always “iggy cloak”

Probably some others… few free to add to the list and I’ll update the wiki later lol
---weird entries---
Yeah, I agree about Frozen Shooter.

Ignition Cloak: I think it's mostly just "Iggy", not even with the "cloak"

I could be wrong, but I think CS is not instantly recognizable as Chainsawd the way CR is. (of course you can abbreviate any weapon this way if you've given context, ie. written out the whole name earlier in the convo) Same thing for
-RS for Red Saber/Sword.
-GG for Gael & Giel
-FoaM for Fragments of a Memory

CD5 is usually just CD, since Claire's Deals 1-4 don't exist (I assume they did at some point with each new version being an update of the last...?)

Never heard of Gal for Gal Wind *or* Galatine. Like RS, this one would be ambiguous anyway.

Psycho Wand is always Pwand. PW would be confused with Phantasmal World.

Never heard Lafu for Lafuteria, but this one at least *would* work as a cutesy, easy-to-understand abbr.

Same thing for Tellu and Tellusis.

Never heard Mantle- I think people don't talk enough about Lt. Mantle for it to get an abbr.

RR for Ragol Ring?! Reeeeeaaaally?

Swordsman Lore is abbreviated to "Lore", not SL.

---missing entries---

A common one missing from the article is HUney and FOney for HUnewearl and FOnewearl.

proc, as in demons, hell, etc. activation attempt

FO Only, FONLY, FO+DP for the party names section

min-max. not a pso-exclusive term but might be new for some players.

Last edited:
Back