Character Can't Move in Certain Areas

iceman288

Guildcard
Hello,

I've been playing with a friend over the last week. He's having a weird issue where in certain areas and certain quests, his character is unable to move. He can rotate around and shoot, but can't move out of whatever space he loaded into. If he or I puts a telepipe down on top of him, he can pipe back to Pioneer 2 and move normally, but once he pipes back, even if it's to a different spot, he can't move.

It's happened several times during TTF where we fight the first three bosses and then he transports to Ruins and can't move. I think we tried to load MAE: Forest a couple of times as well and he couldn't move at all there, even to the first terminal to start the quest.

This has happened on different days and different game loads.

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find a similar issue anywhere. Please point me in that direction if a solution already exists.

Thanks for the help!

Has your friend tried on a different account? If the same problem, sounds like something happened to the default .bin files for those areas in their install. Not sure how that could happen.

I believe someone had this same problem with only Spaceship Alpha and Beta a couple years ago. A fresh install worked fine for them. Your friend can probably fix it with a fresh install to a new folder (just to ensure there are no custom files remaining).

Back